Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Cool Avatar Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

AvatarBender's Sister - Topic: Avatar Live Action Movie

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

AvatarBender's Sister - Topic: Avatar Live Action Movie Empty
PostSubject: AvatarBender's Sister - Topic: Avatar Live Action Movie   AvatarBender's Sister - Topic: Avatar Live Action Movie I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 10:17 am

confused As we all know, the anime series "Avatar The Last Airbender" is being made into a live action movie. It's basically almost done, they have already spent a lot of money, and they've already traveled to various places to get this movie done. We can't do anything about the casting choices, It's too late. However, that doesn't mean that many avatar sopporters are not angry about the casting choices. I myself am not happy about this, neither is my brother. That's why he posted his opinion about this earlier. My brother and I are not racist. We have nothing against Noah Ringer or Dev patel. However, we are not happy that they have been chosen to play these specific characters. The main point is - NOAH RINGER DOESN"T LOOK LIKE AANG and DEV PATEL DOESN'T LOOK LIKE ZUKO!!!!!! I don't care what race is playing the charcters. The most important thing is whether the cast choises actually look like the characters in the tv series!!!!! What really upsets me is the fact that this asian inspired movie is not getting much respect. Asain ( specifically eastern asains) are rarely seen on tv. tih is not fair. Finally an eastern asian inspired tv series makes it on tv and becomes quite popular. I myself am african american. There has always been some descrimination against us on tv. however, things have changed for us. We now have BET
( black entertainment tv ) and we now have movies with african american heroic main character - like "Hancock" with Will Smith and other movies. However, not much has changed for the asain race. Asains are rarely seen on tv. The only asain herioc figures that most people know of are Jackie chan or Bruce Lee. That's only two!!! There probably has to be more but they are rarely seen on tv. Finally, we are given a chance too create another asain heroic main character in a movie for America too see - AND its AANG!!! But istead of having an asain play aang, they get a caucasain to play him( again, i have nothing against Noah ringer or caucasains ). I don't think this is right at all.
I have nothing against having different races in this movie,not everyone has to be asain. Hover, I thing asains should dominant the casting choices. Also, if there is going to be different races they should be casted in the right way. For example, katara and Sokka and the water tribe have noticably darker skin. The water tribe is inspired off Inuit culture. therefore, Inuit people should play Katara, Sokka and the water tribe inhabitanats. However, because of their darker skin, they could be played by african americans or indians, maybe even a darker skined hispanic. This would definetly make more sense than having a dark skinned, indian dev Patel play the obviously pale skinned, asain Zuko. ( again, i have nothing against indians or Dev Petal ). There are plenty young asian men capable of playing Zuko or aang. However, they didn't even bother too look. I know all that 'm saying is useless but, COME ON!!!!!
This live action movie will attract Slumdog Millianare Fans and Twilight fans and many others however it wont drawl much avatar Fans. and if it doesn't please true avatar fans than this will be a total Avatar EPIC FAIL!!!
I'll still see the movie out of curiosity. I just wish the casting choices actually looked like the characters from the tv series.

AvatarBender's Sister Out. Suspect
Back to top Go down
https://avatarbender.board-directory.net

AvatarBender's Sister - Topic: Avatar Live Action Movie
Page 1 of 1